Brownie in a Mug
“Hey Hennie, do we have enough ingredients for…” – that sentence always ends with that brownie. To ensure my love gets what he wants (not always, because you can’t always get what you want) I try to have all ingredients at home. Because we all have those late night cravings for something chocolate-y, right? And what’s better than a warm, fudgy brownie? Right, nothing.
Cocoa and Milk
… mixed with melted butter, brown sugar, flour and of course vanilla, and in less than 2 minutes you have heaven in a cup. I’ve tried very many mug cake recipes, and while there are some really good ones out there, the brownies are still my favorite – especially this recipe here. I opted for butter instead of oil, because it just tastes much better. If you’re going for a late night brownie you probably don’t wanna think about calories anyway. So, who cares about a little extra butter? It’s worth it, I promise.
Microwaved, Not Oven-baked
My microwave is one of the kitchen gadgets I wouldn’t wanna live without. It’s just so convenient, especially for this recipe. Can you imagine heating up your oven just for a single serving brownie? This recipe is made for lazy people like me. You can just mix all ingredients in your mug, use a fork to combine and pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes, or less (90 seconds) if you like it gooey like me.
So on those cold winter nights, cuddled up on your couch, binge watching your favorite show – this is what you need!
- 2 1/2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- chocolate chips, if desired
- Melt butter in a mug, it takes about 30-40 seconds in the microwave.
- Add vanilla and milk, then little by little all dry ingredients.
- Combine with a fork or spoon, make sure nothing stick to the bottom of the mug.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips if you like.
- Bake in microwave for 90-120 seconds, but check on it after 90. Don't overtake.
- Let cool down a little, it tastes even better when it's warm and not hot. Enjoy!
Tip: Enjoy your warm brownie with a glass of cold milk – it’s the best!