Veggie Packed Stir Fry
So it’s been a hot minute or two since I last wrote a post. To be honest, I wasn’t really feeling cooking or writing much about it if I did, so I let this whole blog thing slack. However, I’m trying to make an effort to sit down again and write more posts.
Last weekend I was really feeling Asian food but we didn’t really wanna order in (what we usually do for Asian food because it’s so good!). We had tons of veggies in the fridge and freezer that needed to be used up. So I was scrolling through my saved Instagram posts because I remembered a post from Leah Itsines a while back. She posted this amazing stir fry recipe a while ago and I decided to give it a go. I adapted it a bit because I didn’t have enough soy sauce or the veggies she used plus I couldn’t find these exact noodles she had, but it tasted so good nevertheless.
Super easy, super quick!
It’s super easy to make and really made for time poor people. So it’s definitely going to be a weekly dinner if we feel like Asian food again and don’t want much hassle. It really did take only 15 minutes to make and it’s super easy to sneak in those nutritious veggies without even realizing.
Also, I’m sorry this is the only photo I have of this meal because we devoured it before I could get out my camera. Whoops!
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 big carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 250g quick cooking Chinese noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large pan, ass oil and heat on a medium heat for 1 minute. Add garlic, ginger and onion into the pan and fry until the onion because translucent. Stir constantly so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add veggies and cook for about 10 minutes of until veggies become soft, but still with a slight crunch.
- Whilst the veggies are cooking, put noodles into boiling hot water and let sit for 5 minutes (or cook according to the instructions on the packaging)
- Once noodles are ready and veggies are cooked, drain noodles and add them to the pan. Stir and add in the sauces. Continue to stir and heat through.
- Leave on the heat, stirring continuously to ensure the noodles soak up the flavors!
- Enjoy your meal!